Vision and strategy
For 25 years, we’ve been helping people in financial difficulty become debt free. As the debt landscape changes and client needs evolve, we plan to react to the emerging issues that people in financial difficulty face.
Our five-year strategy (2018-23) builds on our current core strengths and reflects the bold aspiration to double the number of people we advise by 2023, including through innovative, earlier ways of helping people so their debt problems never reach crisis point.
Our vision is to create a society free from problem debt. Problem debt is not just an issue for individuals, but goes much further - it damages families and communities and costs in excess of £8 billion a year.
By helping those in debt get back on their feet, and by campaigning for policies that aim to prevent problem debt, we’ll help overcome the difficulties that debt creates for our society in the 21st century.
Our interventions have helped transform the lives of millions and we’re committed to helping millions more. With the support of our partners and stakeholders, we will continue to be recognised as the most trusted provider of free debt advice and solutions and we will continue to champion all that’s best in free debt advice and debt management.
The value of what we do can never be underestimated.
As the UK’s largest debt charity, with 1,500 colleagues in offices across the country, we’re at the forefront of providing debt advice and solutions. Our core objectives are to:
- provide and create greater awareness of free debt advice and solutions
- champion the cause of people who are in, or at risk of, problem debt by influencing public and private policymakers campaigning for change
- enhance people's financial understanding and capability so that they can better manage their money and debts, and recover from problem debt
- educate and inform people through our
services to help them better manage their
money and recover from problem debt
- be the most efficient and sustainable provider
of debt advice and solutions
- engage and develop our colleagues to fulfil